Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in the United States. It was created in 2012 as a response to the commercialization of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
This is an opportunity for people to come together and support the causes and organizations that they care about. It encourages individuals to give back to their communities through charitable donations, volunteering, or acts of kindness.
Giving Tuesday has become a powerful force for good, inspiring millions of people around the world to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Here are some of our FAVORITE Billings, MT based non-profits and charitable organizations if you're looking for somewhere local to donate time, money, or resources:
- Family Service - https://billingsfamilyservice.org
- Family Promise - https://familypromise.org
- Rimrock Foundation - https://www.rimrock.org
- United Way of Yellowstone County - https://www.unitedwayyellowstone.org
- CASA of Yellowstone County - https://www.yellowstonecasa.org
- Dog Tag Buddies - https://dogtagbuddies.org
- Veterans Navigation Network - https://www.veteransnavigation.org
- Adult Resource Alliance of Yellowstone County - https://allianceyc.org
- Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter - https://yvas.org
- SWITCH Society - https://www.switchsociety.org
- Yellowstone Public Radio https://www.ypradio.org
- Billings TrailNet https://www.billingstrailnet.org
Ok - that’s more than ten but these are just a FEW of the wonderful groups doing AMAZING work in our community of Billings, MT.
We hope you'll consider donating time, money, or resources to one of them on this Giving Tuesday or some other time throughout the year ahead.